Friday, September 17, 2010

Because I Can't Not Write This Down

El has a word for me.  It's "Nyeh-nyeh."  I realized it the other day, as she was crawling around the house after me, saying it over and over.  It dawned on me, suddenly, that that's what she always says when she's following me around or when she's in someone else's arms and she wants to be in mine.  She says a lot of sounds now, including "Dah, dah, dehd," and "Ma, ma, ma," but this is the first sound she's made that specifically refers to something or someone.  That I know of.

Avery started around this age, making sounds that meant something.  Her first word was "Daddy," and for the longest time she referred to both GW and me as Daddy.  It was so cute we didn't want to correct her.

Here are both my little girls, around 8 months old:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment